View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #190
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Well, I said novels, but this is one that needs to be written:

In this study, The Marginalization of Pete: How Disney Discriminates Against Fat Cartoon Characters With Four Teeth, I will examine the socio-historical underpinnings of what it means to be an obese cartoon character with only four teeth, vis-à-vis the danger of being stereotyped as a non-essential ‘throw-away’ in the series, one whom Mickey Mouse never formally introduces and one not allowed to participate in the ‘Hot Dog’ song which ends each segment (a heteroglossic orgy in which the other cartoon characters are free to cavort in lewd, libertine fashion); too, I will examine the processing of motive that surrounds each episode using Burke’s dramatistic pentad to tease out a moral determinism to account for Pete’s actions and, finally, I will conclude with an in-depth interview with Pete as he sheds light on his continuing battle with obesity.

Dr. Drib

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-12-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote