View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabodita View Post
Could someone please respond to this? I don't think I can have multiple dc tags for title and contributor - one set in bangla and one set in English... or can I?
You can, and it's valid (and somehow even recommended), but I doubt there's any software that supports that.

For example, in La divina commedia I included the title in several languages, because the book actually includes multiple translations:

Code:
<dc:title xml:lang="it">La divina commedia</dc:title>
<dc:title xml:lang="de">Göttliche Komödie</dc:title>
<dc:title xml:lang="en">The Divine Comedy</dc:title>
<dc:title xml:lang="pt">A divina comédia</dc:title>
<dc:title xml:lang="ru">Божественная комедия</dc:title>
but ebook readers and managers will usually display only the first or the last of them.

In your case, maybe what you want is not the title in two languages, but in two different writing systems, I don't know if you can mark this with any attribute. Something similar happens with the author, you can evidently have several authors, but I don't think there's a way to specify that several different instances refer to the same person.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote