Thread: SDK available
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post
I would be very careful of hosting these files elsewhere if I were you - if I understand the developer agreement correctly, you aren't really supposed to be doing that! :P
They customize linux OS for their needs, but don't give out complete source code and they expect me to respect their agreement? Anyway, it's Lithuania here - in worst case my hosting company can ask me to remove the files. BTW, I saw earlier versions of these already hosted on one russian ftp server.

Quote:
Something to keep in mind - the SDK installs in /root/ so it would be HIGHLY inadvisable to install this on a production system. I installed my copy inside a QEMU image, as I use Mac OS X so...
I think for anyone who knows what sudo means it should be obvious that it's not installed in user's home directory...

Quote:
What I don't get about the SDK is - how do we install stuff onto an Hanlin Vx reader, or even create an app? I've not gotten round to writing anything yet, as the documentation's kinda just specifications & doesn't exactly tell you how to achieve things.
I agree. The documentation they provide is not enough.
Also they don't seem to respond to e-mails sent to service AT jinke.com.cn and they don't seem to care what's happening in the forums. "Nice" customer service I would say...
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote