View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
Jim Stinson
Jim Stinson began at the beginning.

Device: Augen the Book
More cons: AVI is a huge file format and used mainly for editing. WMV, MP4, FLV: there are many more common formats, and this does not play them.
I did the whole DRM routine; checked out two library books. One loaded, the other gave me an error message every time.
The unit is so slow! Going from the home page to power off takes forever. Some web pages, like my library consortium here in Oregon, take up to 60" to access, let alone load.
The joystick is so slow and imprecise that when I get to a button, I have to diddle back and forth up and down half the time to hit it.
I agree re the unit's potential. When you talk of firmware upgrade, folks, do you mean the initial one that in effect, moved early adopters from beta to first release -- or has there been further improvement. My wife and I each have one, and we need more infor before deciding whether to throw them back to Heartland and let them grow up some more.
BTW as a brand-newbie, I'm impressed by the civility and good cheer in these forums.
Jim Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote