View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
As a Swede I take a perverse pride in the news that Stieg was the first author to sell more than 1,000,000 Kindle books. Here in Sweden there is some controversy as too how much he wrote himself and how much his SO wrote. His reputation was as a researcher, not a wordsmith. I obviously read them in their original Swedish, and must say I am somewhat surprised of this international appeal as some of the issues referred to are domestic Swedish political problems, something that doesn't get many inches in foreign press.
The first book was really just another murder/investigative story, the second two books (which I supect were written as one and split into two because of the length) deal with the internal/secret workings of a foreign government and so provide a novel reading experience. The FBI for example features in so much fiction that it is a little overdone.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote