View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I honestly don't understand why people insist in rooting devices ....
Didn't say I was going to root. Just making an observation. The Kindle tablet is open enough and appears like it'll have a great interface that I don't think I'll be wanting to root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Why Netflix if you have Amazon Video On demand and Prime? Granted, I have both, but I think 7" is too small for that anyway, don't you think?
Available content. When Amazon launched their instant streaming with Prime, the selection of videos left a lot to be desired. Well, the same is true of Netflix. There were videos available on Netflix that weren't available on Prime and vice versa. However, only Netflix had WMC integration which I require for the HTPC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I'm sure Netflix would be happy to release an app for Amazon's tablet
They would. I just don't see Amazon allowing it. Oh, well, I could be wrong. They do have Kobo on their app store.

Smart of Amazon to release the low-end version first. This really is what most tablet manufacturers should have done to compete with the iPad. Build your customer base first and then, release the high end version once you've got people flocking to your device.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote