View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Wow,the rumor mill is really going into overdrive here!
I usually take these rumors with a barrel of salt but the level of detail certainly hints at authenticity!
It certainly seems to jibe with our specualations here, except even more so. An Android fork from 2.1? Wow-is it even compatible with most of the apps in the Google Market? Looks to me like Amazon is going out of its way NOT to be in harmony with Google.

The deep integration with Amazon stores is as expected. I only hope that the Amazon music and video player apps are as good at what they do as the Kindle app is as good at what it does.

One thing that really stood out: the offer of Amazon Prime if you bought the device. Over and above the free shipping, that also means free acces to Amazon VOD. That might make buying the device worthwhile right there.
My brother, who loves Amazon, might actually buy this device, even though he has an iPad.

Last edited by stonetools; 09-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote