View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
My highlights taken on the ipad seem to be available there.
Those are 2 different things:
  1. highlights & notes being available (synchronized) somewhere
  2. ability to export highlights & notes for processing, sharing, backup, etc.
The Kindle app only allows no. 1, not no. 2, and it only allows it for some books, not all. That's one of the reasons why it's a low-quality reading app.

Quote:
I have not tested it extensively, so I am not sure whether it works with side-loaded books as well
It doesn't, as already discussed earlier in this thread. It only works for purchased books and those that you email to your own Amazon address, which then Amazon absurdly treats as "personal documents".

Quote:
But I do buy most of my books on Amazon and it seems to work well for me.
I made the mistake of buying an Amazon book last month and especially of reading it in the Kindle app. In discussing the book online with my friends, I wanted to quote 2 brief sentences fom the book to support what I was saying. Oops! Not only does the Kindle app fail to support proper export of highlights and notes -- but not even the elementary copy-in-order-to-paste works in the Kindle app. I felt like a complete ass, copying the entire 2 sentences from the novel manually, just by looking in the book and writing them down elsewhere. (It was not worth, for 2 brief sentences, to employ the tortuous workaround of loading the entire book on the hardware Kindle.)

I intend to never make that mistake again -- reading a book in the Kindle app. I do like reading on the hardware, classic Kindles, especially Kindle DX.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote