View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #45
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
You could make a case that it was Apple's stupidity, considering that they already had something called Integer Basic, which had IIRC been developed by Woz. Applesoft, developed by MS, was somehow easier to work with and got Jobs' approval.

Not like it resembles any modern programming language. You can't even manually number your lines anymore.
As I recall, after licensing it Apple still had to heavily modify it to get it to run on the Apple II.

And yeah, I really hate it when I can't number the lines in my C# code. What was Microsoft thinking?
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote