View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #21
cervezas
palm & java hacker
cervezas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cervezas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cervezas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Visor, T3, i500, iQue ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But you don't necessarily need HWR in order for digital ink to be useful. Eg, the Pocket PC has the option to store notes in "raw" digital ink, where it just stores (and later shows) literally what you write on the screen. Extremely useful for making quick notes, "doodles", etc. I use that a lot more than HWR. Similarly, the ability to be able to add hand-written annotations to displayed documents would be extremely useful, HWR or no.
Yeah, I'm more interested in ink than HWR. But Tablet PC has been a big disappointment as a note-taking device for me. By design it leaves it to the operating system to approximate or "improve" on where my pen touches the screen. I have to bear down too hard and get infuriating stray marks. It's just a bad experience.

My guess is that touch-sensitive eInk displays aren't the right answer yet because of the slow refresh rate, but I was curious to hear if anyone was trying to use them for taking handwritten notes since I know there has been progress on refresh rate.
cervezas is offline   Reply With Quote