View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrusz View Post
Ok, I can live with the fact Kobo does not offer any Japanese-English dictionary. But I cannot understand why Kobo has disabled installation of custom-built dictionaries, especially the languages not officially supported? I am living in Poland and need Japanese-Polish dictionary (I am working on) to use on my ebook reader. Now I cannot use one!
You can still replace the original Japanese-Japanese dictionary with your home made Japanese-Polish dictionary. For my private use I merged the original Japanese-Japanese dictionary with the (edict-) Japanese-English Dictionary. To have those two dictionaries merged into one is actually even more convenient than to have them to access separately.

I am not sure whether you can find an ereader with better Japanese support. Did you try the furigana capabiity? If you did not, have a look at the pictures in this post. I don't think you can have this on any other reader.

Last edited by tshering; 09-09-2013 at 12:07 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote