View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
You don't seem to have an idea of _how_ slow it really is. At the moment I'm trying to build qt embedded (with Q_WS_QWS) to prevent problems that occur when building pyside with Q_WS_X11, which is the version that comes with debian's qt4-x11.

At the moment "configure" is running. I started it half an hour ago! The actual build process might take a whole day or even longer...

Everything different from the versatile board seems to be rather hard to set up at the moment. No tutorials on the net that fit a noob like me...
I built ghostscript this way, so I _do_ have some idea of the speed. However, I almost cried in frustration when I saw what people were doing to get that software cross-compiled. Building in qemu may have been slow, but it took no effort after the development tools were added, and it finally just worked. I just went off and did something else in the meantime. The real question is, can you produce a faster system and build your software before the slow system does, and is it worth the effort if you only use it rarely? In my case, the answer was no.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote