View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I did corrupt a card and ended up having to reformat it on the device. I suspect I wasn't as careful as I should have been about removing the card. Be sure the unit is off both when removing and inserting the card, double check.

Dale
Dale,

I never have had an issue with the SM on the EBW 1150, though I'm just scare **itless when removing one!

On the REB 1100, the changing of SM cards while the unit was on would surely lead to firmware corruption i.e. "grid of death". While the REB 1100 and EBW 1150 are similar hardware, both using SM cards, the 1150 seems more forgiving when removing the SM card.

New users are cautioned to check the IMP entry about this or just review this "cycle on-off" procedure:
Code:
IMPORTANT NOTICE ESPECIALLY FOR THE eBookwise-1150:
   TURN OFF YOUR EBOOK DEVICE before you remove the memory card from your eBook reader/device.
   Then for the 1150 it's recommended to cycle your reader 'on-off' without the memory card
       i.e. TURN ON YOUR EBOOK DEVICE, then TURN OFF YOUR EBOOK DEVICE.
   After copying to the memory card, ensure YOUR EBOOK DEVICE IS TURNED OFF,
   then insert the memory card into your eBook reader.
   Then TURN ON YOUR EBOOK DEVICE.
       Never insert or remove memory cards when the eBook reading device is turned on.
       Doing so may destroy the memory card and/or your eBook reading device!
A similar notice is posted on the www.ebookwise.com site (near the bottom of the page)!

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-13-2008 at 04:44 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote