Seneca
Enthusiast
Seneca began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus-5500G, PB-903, PB-603, Tolino Vision 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
- accellerator sensor: here I am not sure I understand what problems you have, do you mean the page does not turn when you re-oreint the device?
Exactly. Sometimes it doesn't even re-orient when you slamm it on your hand the way you would to get batteries out of a remote controll
I don't know for sure, and can't check, since PB keeps essential parts of the firmware source code closed, but I think this is a software and not a hardware problem.

To my observation, the actual hardware sensor is quite sensitive and accurate. However, the firmware does only accept certain transitions, instead of simply following the sensor readings. For example it will follow a "portrait" to "landscape" transition (rotating 90 degree from portrait upright to landscape upright), but does nothing if you do a "portrait" -> "lying flat" -> "landscape" transition. Which means, when ever it misses a transition, you first need to go back to the orientation it thinks it is in, wait a moment (try flipping page), and then go in one move to the desired orientation.
Just knocking it on your hand / other surface in the orientation you want it to assume will never help, because it will never generate a transition from what the firmware thinks is the current orientation to the desired one.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote