View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #64
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
The big thing that's suffered (primarily because of Apple's dominance, I think) is format support. You just don't see as many formats supported as you used to. I had an MP3 player that could play:

MP3
OGG
WMA
FLAC

And it did it all handily. You don't see a lot of devices like that anymore. Of course, some would argue that you don't need WMA, but OGG and FLAC sure come in handy. The same player not only had a radio, but it could trasmit its signal to a radio, so you could listen to your music on your car stereo or stereo at home without using wires. (This was way before Bluetooth.)

The same can be said of video support.

I think the problem is that even the high-end MP3 players don't have the features the MP3 players used to have.

that's one of the reasons the SanDisk sansa lines have quite the cult following. They offer all those formats in a shrinking market.

Best move I ever made for my ears was going from iPod to the sansa's .
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote