View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
New firmware for Pocket Pro?

Hi guys,

On a whim, I went to the EZ Reader site and checked the firmware page and it looks like there is a new firmware version out. I've been kind of busy recently, so I haven't been checking the forums much, but I don't think I saw an announcement that any new firmware had been released.

Anyway, the EZ Reader site says it was posted on 9/7/2010 and doesn't have much of a description except for "Clock but no TTS version". The various parser versions look like they are the same as listed for the previous firmware version. The Firmware version is V2.02ASTAK.100706 and BookShelf version is V2.00.100706.

Except for the fact that TTS is gone in this version, the only difference I see is that it looks like they increased the contrast on the menu screens and switched the default font for the menu screens to Ibookn and added a couple of options for the date format. However, I was running an older version of the firmware, so that might not be new.

Anyone else running this version? If so, was the battery drain issue of the past couple of versions resolved? Doesn't look like any of the issues I cared about were addressed (mobi still forgets user settings if you exit a book and no user override for font or margins in ePub) and I'm guessing they will never be addressed.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote