View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #39
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
One store to rule them all... yessss my precioussss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle
The wonder is it took him this long to figure it out. He should have started this way. And if he's smart, there'll be "Kindle on my Nook" one day soon. SDK bedamned.
Bezos did figure this out from the start, again the plan is to make money both from the devices and from the ebooks and treat them as separate businesses and revenue streams.

He's also said he would allow Kindle on "other devices" as long as they're willing to add Whispernet support. I can't imagine any ebook readers would accept that, so I'd assume from a practical perspective this will mean Kindle apps on more smartphones and, eventually, for OS X and possibly even Linux.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote