View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Actually, you might just need that loan. I recently paid $10+ for an urban fantasy ebook. That's a ridiculous price and I can't afford to do that on a regular basis, much less buy two or more per week. And my library system is sorely lacking in regard to that genre in both print and ebook versions, so that is not an option.
Sadly the situation is a bit similar here, except that prices can be much higher, even fifteen to nineteen dollars. My library is very slowly improving its ebook collection, but still most of the new titles are churn-factory crime and romance type titles, with not much to interest me - there's virtually no Australian FSF or YA in there at all.

Imported print books are often cheaper than ebooks, even brand new, but I find it increasingly difficult to handle and hold medium to large books, and I read three or four books a week at least. I'm mostly getting print library books and trying to deal with the pain and difficulty, but it's getting worse. Not sure how this is all going to pan out.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote