View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
FYI, have you noticed the new program where you can order certain grocery items on Amazon and get home delivery. It too is only in a few select larger cities and I don't see how it could be expanded to everywhere but I know I it's a lot more efficient for me to have the return of home delivered groceries, you know like all grocery stores did once upon a time in America?
You know, I really don't mean to make this thread into a "we do it better in the UK" discussion. But I feel I must point out that we've had this home delivery of groceries for nearly ten years now.

The service covers almost the entire country, including remote rural areas. Every major supermarket offers it, at the same prices as in their stores. They will deliver within a pre-agreed two-hour time slot (seven days a week, 16 hours a day), and the driver will carry the goods right into your kitchen, even if you are on the 18th floor. If any product turns out to be below normal quality, you get an immediate refund.

The service is so well-established that around 15 percent of the population use it for their entire grocery shopping.

I guess this one advantage of living in a small, densely-populated country.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote