View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 05:21 AM   #8
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
In other words, could piracy help e-books to become more mainstream, similar to the recent transition of MP3s?
Hmm, i would think, that ebook piracy is only marginal at the moment. Since no real ebook readers are available to the public, there is no demand for electronic books, but with a few geeky people. (And people, who spend 650 Euros on an ebook reader are probably willing to spend a few bucks on books )

When readers become more popular and schools start using them, then it might become an issue.

I just hope, that publishers and authors will be smarter about DRM than the rest of the world, and just get rid of it. I bet its easier, to sell an ebook for a reasonable price (at least cut the complete print and most of the distribution cost) than spend so much money on DRM, and then have noone left to buy the books.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote