View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
I know the problem, it's that when the log is printed the it does a reverse lookup on the IP address of your ebook, which is what causes the latency. I fixed it by adding an entry to the hosts file yesterday, but forgot to add the fix: I'm attaching 0.2.1 for now. I'll be working on a 0.3 release for tomorrow, so please let the feature requests come in -- I'd really appreciate a comprehensive list so I know what to shoot for
WOW, that returned and maybe improved my surfing speed. No more slow downs with WinXP and impserve!!!

Truly amazing!

I can't wait to see your version 0.3... (wipes chin now)

p.s. Ashish, I attach a privoxy log showing three ways to get a .imp ebook from Mobileread.com; each with a different Content-type! Please see attached text log.

This may help determine the best way to download .imp ebooks directly from Mobileread!
Attached Files
File Type: txt privoxy-log_imp-ebook-GET_three variations.txt (3.8 KB, 1159 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-30-2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: attached log of failed .imp GETs
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote