View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandre View Post
Wouldn't it be great if we had a mobile Calibre app that could view as many formats as desktop Calibre can?
As itimpi pointed out the calibre viewer is essentially an ePub viewer.

I get around the problem of multiple readers by using Calibre Companion (CC) android app to manage my connection to calibre and manage the books on my device. CC allows me to direct the various formats to whichever directory I wish. All ePubs, mobi, PDFs and CBZ files go directly to their own directory.

CC also allows me to launch for reading any format in whichever reader I want. Every time I open a ePub it opens in my chosen epub reader. PDFs open in the preassigned PDF reader. Mobi, text etc... files open in their respective readers. This way I always open books in the readers best suited for the format involved.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-14-2012 at 08:31 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote