View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #42
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
jalandar, you are thinking this is more difficult than it really is.

There are a metric crap-ton of credit card processing services out there. I signed up for such a service for my own business a couple of years ago. No muss no fuss and fairly minimal cost. Most of them don't care what it is you're billing for as long as it legal.

High volume is simply not a requirement for e-commerce these days. You actually pay more upfront to run a high-volume e-business (more transactions, more server space) than a nichy low-volume biz.
Now go try and get such an account when your primary product is adult entertainment items such as erotic books.

I am not thinking it is more difficult than it is, I know how difficult it is, as I've been involved in it.

When you got your account, I will bet in your contract there was a clause about use restrictions. And I will also gamble that you had to tell them what type of business/products you were selling in your application. And if you just say something different to get the account, and they discover it as a material omission, you can lose your merchant account, and end up a blacklist that makes it nearly impossible to get one again for years.

It's simply not that simple.

That's why I firmly believe that corporations such as paypal, which provide a service, should only be permitted to invoke restrictions that pertain to actual restrictions of legality, or that are materially relevant to their business (then they would be forced to say that the transactions themselves are risky because of fraud, and back that up, otherwise all the legal content).
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote