View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
The first I think may have been running with one other conversion. Is there a way to tell calibre how many to process at once?
Attachment shows my set up on jobs - my experience with those settings is that whilst an individual job may take longer, overall I can get more done because when calibre is doing conversions I can do other things without feeling any significant impact. I normally run calibre on a quad core i5 system with 6GB of RAM.

If you are running on Windows, and you are using the 32 bit or portable editions then you may get over some conversion problems or better performance by using 64bit edition (if your rig is 64bit capable). Kovid posted something recently in which he seemed to indicate that the main (only ?) benefit he knows of with the 64 bit edition is in large/complex conversions

If you do that then I suggest you first remove any associations you may created in Windows for the 32 bit calibre viewer (C:\Program Files (X86)\Calibre2\ebook-viewer.exe). Then after installing the 64 bit edition recreate the associations for the 64 bit calibre viewer (C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ebook-viewer.exe). If/when you decide to un-install the 32 bit version I would recommend you use the Windows Remove programs facility in the Control Panel - I'm suspicious of gadgets like Revo - they have been known to be too aggressive.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	112652  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote