View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Becareful with the rezipping; don't forget there are very special rules for the internal layout of the ePub file.
I ran the suggested process on three books, one with no images, one with a few jpegs and another with about 30 jpegs and five pngs.

I did not change any files other than the images, nor any file names, I also retained the timestamps on the image files.

I used Winrar to unzip and rezip the folders - as far I can tell they're fine, as an extra test I converted the rezipped EPUBs to AZW and RTF, they work fine in Kindle for PC, MS Word and OOo Writer.

I'd be very wary of using the process on anything other than the image files, eg the HTML, or XML components. But in the context of an EPUB, images are binary blobs that don't in themselves reference any other EPUB components. So providing one is careful then the process should work.

A "Squeeze Images" plugin would be nice.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote