Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #1252
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow View Post
I haven't been to the forum for a while, last time I heard 5.3.2 was very hard to crack. Now 5.3.3 is out, can I simply update by placing the update file to the root folder or do I need something else to preserve the holes (I'm using 5.3.1)?
5.3.2 is for the K5(Touch, not the Paperwhite).

5.3.1 and 5.3.3 are for the K5(Paperwhite).

Mostly yes, use these hints: (at least up to the point that the KUAL launcher is once again working - which means any Kindlet will work again.):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...94#post2399494

I.E: The device jailbreak survives the update, other part have to be replaced.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote