View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #64
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Modify ePub next version beta

I've moved a bunch of recent posts from this thread about other additions I may make to this plugin over on the related thread in the Development forums, but will try to keep the hopefully slightly less technical discussions on this thread.

The new features intended for this next release can be seen in the screenshot below:
  • Remove Adobe .xpgt files and links - for completely clean xpgt file removal (deletes the file and the <link> references from the html files)
  • Remove Adobe resource DRM meta tags - to strip some Adobe cruft of a <meta> tag from the html files.
  • Remove embedded fonts - extended to also remove @font-face declarations from the CSS and html files
  • Remove unused image files - remove orphaned images not referenced from the html content to save space.
  • Flatten TOC hierarchy in NCX file - move all the navPoints in the NCX file to a single level if they are nested, to support devices that don't like a nested TOC

This is a beta version!. Please make sure you have a backup of your ePub(s) you are modifying when you are experimenting with these new options in case I have badly screwed up. I've given them a quick whirl as a sanity check but there could be edge cases I've missed.

Also note there is a new beta version of the Quality Check plugin here which has matching checks for all of the above. So please feel adventurous and install both together to more easily test them.

Feedback very much welcomed before I officially release it. The other features I am considering working on can wait for a future version...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Options.png
Views:	897
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	86041  

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-04-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Removed attachment as latest version officially released
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote