Thread: DR1000 Building Hello World 4.0
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #37
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I use all different kinds of editors on linux and windows to change the code. But for most of the components of MackxPatch I use Anjuta projects. However I do not build using Anjuta, I am used to embedded software and thus also to compiling from command-line.
I use different Anjuta projects for every firmware component (ctb, popupmenu, sysd, etc). One of them I use to start qemu. For each component I also have a separate shell, to execute the make (with correct parameters) and copy the build executable to the qemu (using scp). I have 3 desktops/workspaces, left for the command shells, middle for the Anjuta projects and right for the qemu and a shell that is logged into the qemu (ssh qemu, just press enter for password).
For the commands to type I have a 'que-card', see attached file.
'Creating' an Anjuta project is very easy, copy the one from helloworld to the 'root' of one of the firmware components, rename it and start it.

Hope this helps.
Marcel.
Interesting.

My DR development environment: a VirtualBox linux virtual machine, with 4 virtual desktops:
1. qemu, a gnome-terminal with 3 tabs (mainly for scp and qemu shell), and a second gnome-terminal with many tabs (for compiling, light editing, copying/moving files and a shared directory from my real desktop)
2. emacs
3. firefox, with some help html files. Btw, when hacking DR firnware doxygen generated files are quite useful
4. evince, a pdf reader

EDIT: I didn't mention I don't use anjuta at all... it doesn't give anything emacs + shell couldn't offer

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote