View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
rawdog RSS reader (not working yet)

So I was trying to find a good RSS reader for my Kindle, and I found rawdog. It is a python program that uses pymodules?? I have some of the work done, I don't know how to get the path right to call python and have the modules in place? If there is anyone with some skills in this, I would appreciate your looking at it!

I have 2 test feeds in the config file - lifehacker and instructables. you can easily add more or less even from a command line. With some massaging of the style.css file, the output could be customized to show the html output better.

I also am trying to show the output file in the default browser using the lipc..browser.. file:///... format, but that isn't working right either?
Attached Files
File Type: zip rawdog.zip (108.0 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by brianinmaine; 09-11-2013 at 05:29 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote