View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #43
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
A lot of people seem to want their ebooks to look similar to printed books, and I guess that's why I'm surprised that more people don't have a problem with the double spaced lines. I went back and checked some of my old books and didn't find any double spaced. I do find teeny tiny print I can't read anymore though!
Double-spaced isn't too horrible, I've read plenty of ebooks done that way. I don't particularly like it, but as long as it's a good book you stop noticing it pretty quickly. Font selection is more of an issue for me, if it's annoying to read it, that doesn't go away and hinders my enjoyment of the book, no matter how good it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Well, it looks totally different on iOS. (iPad and iPod)

I could do without the book title and progress though.

EDIT: I see now what you guys are talking about. I'm still getting a fair lot of text with bigger fonts on the iPad.
That left one's not too bad, although I'd prefer black on white background. Can you change to that, or is it light text on dark background only? For some reason the light-on-dark scheme makes my eyes go blurry after an hour or two so I avoid it. The right's pretty awful, I doubt I could put up with that.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote