View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomman View Post
I was referring to an ebook library. Most of the public libraries in US have partnership with overdrive or netlibrary, but many of those deals (our libraries in WI, for e.g.) do not include checking out books for offline reading. That, to me, is a major problem. As far as I know, neither netlibrary nor overdrive allow individual membership.

The "open library" will be useful to everyone on the planet (not just "local" people, as all paper libraries require)
Thomman--I have library cards to several libraries here in Northern California and one to the New York Library as well. All of the libraries I belong to use Overdrive for the eBook service. I can check out eBooks (audio books as well) from their site, download them, transfer them to my Sony reader (iPod/mp3 player for audio books) and read/listen offline. The books will expire in 14 or 21 days, at which point I will no longer be able to access them.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote