View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #23
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Good points on the voting, tompe and Rev. Bob, and it sounds like I ought to give Parasite a fair hearing.

I think the real problem with nominations is that few people read very many brand new books, so the pool is always going to be small enough to distort. I had never nominated until this year - it used to be that the award shortlists were my guide to what new stuff was interesting. I tend to read maybe two or three books in the year of their publication, and they will usually be books by my existing favourite authors. I don't think I've read any 2014 books yet, although I do have one lined up next. I don't know what the solution to that is.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote