Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #173
mastnacek
Enthusiast
mastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-booksmastnacek has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Dancol, can you please show me how your u-boot config string from your image looks like? I mean this part:

Code:
bootdelay=0 baudrate=115200 loadaddr=0x70800000 netdev=eth0 ethprime=FEC0 uboot=u-boot.bin kernel=uImage nfsroot=/opt/eldk/arm bootargs_base=setenv bootargs console=ttymxc0,115200 bootargs_nfs=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=${serverip}:${nfsroot},v3,tcp bootcmd_net=run bootargs_base bootargs_nfs; tftpboot ${loadaddr} ${kernel}; bootm bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait rw noinitrd init=/init video=mxc_elcdif_fb:off                   bootcmd_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc read 0 0x70800000 0x800 0x2000; bootm   bootcmd=run bootcmd_mmc                                  bootargs=console=ttymxc0 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc0 keypad video=mxc_elcdif_fb:off calibration
I think there are a few important things you must have to run Android. Especially this:

"/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait rw noinitrd init=/init video=mxc_elcdif_fbff"

I know it is the hardest part. On the other hand it is not that long string - it's only scarry If you update it correctly you will succeed. I can try to update it for you if you sent me this fragment from your image.

If you have different addresses on Kobo Mini (0x70800000?) - you should leave your values untouched.

Also this part is very important:

0x70800000 0x800 0x2000

The last value is the max size of the kernel. Please note that Android kernel is longer and it is 0x2000 instead of smaller value whatever it was before.
Go Go Go I cant wait
mastnacek is offline   Reply With Quote