View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
As an embedded software engineer (I write such software, I'm not embedded into anyting myself ), ....
But are you imbibing??

One of the first serious commercial pieces of software I wrote was essentially a dedicated word processor that was part of a Credit Bureau Buffer microprocessor that sat in-line between a dumb terminal (Dec LA-36 or Teletype 43?) and allowed the user to enter multiple requests for credit reports and the microprocessor would automatically send the requests, receive the responses and store and print them out on the terminal. This was back in the late 70's, early 80's and the processor was an intel 8080. I think it was all done in a 2K ROM but don't quote me on it.

I still love the embedded stuff, but have not done any of it in decades...

For my writing I use Word (or Open Office) I don't use any of the fancy stuff, but the resulting file is easily converted to epub or mobi, I don't really care how 'clean' it is or any of that as long as it works and displays properly on the intended ereader.

Last edited by kennyc; 11-03-2013 at 08:49 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote