Thread: N2Aos
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #40
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Well, after much playing/working with this I have decided to revert back to the original Amazon software. ...
So Sharks? How'd that work out for ya? Any problems? Did it take you back to the version you'd had installed or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
With regard to Kindle Fire (HD and non-HD models) I have found the best solution is to root it and use an alternative launcher. (and install Google Play) I still have access to the Amazon services and I'm only a few screen taps away from switching between the Amazon Kindle Fire experience and Android tablet-like experience.
Mr. JeepMan, I'd seen your posts extolling the virtues of ADW Launcher several other places on the forum, but I was unable to find out where you can get it. I think one of the places I found it was on google play, but I don't have any devices there... and at adwthings, they don't have any download links and all their tutorials are on using the program, not installing it.
(sigh)

Never mind. I found this post and was able to install it. Now I just need to figure out how to use it. How long could THAT take?

Is there an easy way to keep the Kindle from going back to the carousel when you hit home? I guess I'd want it to reload ADW instead, since the way this is setup ADW is just an app.

Thanks guys!
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote