View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I've made a terrible mistake, can anyone help please?

The short of it: I have taken out the SD card from my kobo and I would like to delete a file on it, but I don't know how to do it on my Windows 7 machine.

My machine does not recognise the card when I put it in the card reader and asks to format it (which obviously I have not done). I have found a porgramme to read the card on windows (this one) and I can see the file I want to delete, but this programme does not allow me to. Can anybody help please?

The background: playing around with Tshering's hack, I decided to uninstall, which is done by a tgz file. After rebooting, I saw that the directories created by Tshering programme where still there, so I deleted them manually. But then after another reboot the device game me a blank page. As I had just backed up the device, I saw on the backup tha tthe .tgz file was still there: so I guess when I try and reboot the .tgz file goes looking for something it does not find. I presume that if I can get rid of the .tgz file all will be well again (or similarly if I copy back the directories I had erased manually).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote