View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The download time is a one time hit per book, correct? Where are the covers stored? I'd like to see how much space is actually dedicated to them.
Calibre sends book covers along with the rest of the metadata. CC stores the covers in its DB along with all the other data. Because of this, the covers get pushed around whenever metadata is pushed around.

There isn't any easy way for an end user to find out the size of the metadata object for a given book. The last time I looked, and with my production library and large covers, metadata for books averaged around 35Kbytes. YMMV with the size of covers, the number of custom columns, and the length of the comments. You can find out how much storage CC is using by going to android settings, Apps, Calibre Companion and looking at the "Data" line. That number is the size of CC's database plus a little bit of overhead. It does not include the books themselves.

Quote:
At some point down the road the ability to change background and font colors would be great.

Super job with this app, Thanks!!
On the list.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote