View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Are you referring to the thumbnail or the cover in book details? If it is the thumbnail, then how much bigger?
Both.

Quote:
While developing this stuff I tested thumbnails on my N7 that were twice as big as the originals (Normal). I thought that they were ridiculously large, so I backed them down to 1.3 and 1.7 times "normal". I added the "Small" (.7 times) because I wanted to see more books on the screen. Perhaps I am too text-oriented, but I felt that the huge thumbs weren't usable.
I too have a N7 and I don't know how much bigger. On the large setting 5 books fit in the screen, maybe a size where 4 books (with a small top and bottom margin) fit nicely in the screen. After given the option I may find out, like you, that it is too big, but it is nice to have the option.

Quote:
If you are talking about covers on book details, then we can indeed make them larger. The downside is that larger covers take up more space on the device and increase download time. That said, I suppose that it is up to the user to make that choice.
The download time is a one time hit per book, correct? Where are the covers stored? I'd like to see how much space is actually dedicated to them.

At some point down the road the ability to change background and font colors would be great.

Super job with this app, Thanks!!

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-27-2013 at 07:26 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote