View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
The only requirement for wall chargers to be compatible with all Sony devices - x50 and Tx is that chargers have to be complaint with EU cell phone charging standard. As part of the standard 2 middle wires (out of USB four) should be short circuited, so device will recognize that this is charger and not a computer. Most of the phones today have complaint chargers - most, but not all. As it was mentioned here Apple uses those wires differently - it puts some voltage between wires, so device will know how much current to draw and chargers from iPad are different form chargers for iPod in this sense - or at least they used to be. Blackberry chargers often do not bother with standard at all - since Blackberry devices (at least the ones I have) could charge from anything. So for myself I bought usb extension cable, cut it to short length, shorted 2 middle wires on the device end, left 2 middle wires on the charger end isolated and put everything back together. Now when inserted between reader and charger this thing allow me to charge from any charger - complaint or not. It works with all chargers I tried for all my x50, T1 and T2.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote