View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Kovid,

I just tried it with my Samsung Galaxy SPlus ('GT-I9001'), running Android 2.3.5 in 'MediaPlayer' USB mode.

It's recognized, but as soon as I actually try to do something with it (as in clicking the Device icon to list books on it), I get 'Error communicating with device' with the following details:

calibre, version 0.8.69
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

local variable 'p' referenced before assignment

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 450, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 144, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 120, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 222, in filesystem_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\filesystem_cache.py", line 207, in __init__
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'p' referenced before assignment

And the screen remains blank. Afterwards I can click on the Device or Card A buttons, but nothing happens; the screen remains blank.

Trying to configure it gets me a ThreadingViolation error with the following details:

calibre, version 0.8.69
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ThreadingViolation</b>:You cannot use the MTP driver from a thread other than the thread in which startup() was called

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device_drivers\mtp_config.py ", line 249, in browse
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 205, in filesystem_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 32, in check_thread
ThreadingViolation: You cannot use the MTP driver from a thread other than the thread in which startup() was called

Let me know if you need any more info or if you want me to try anything.

Edit: by 'configuring it' I meant trying to add a format-specific send directory rule.

Last edited by mbovenka; 09-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.