View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #15
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Eink survived by getting cheap enough, fast enough. A few years from now, tablets like the Nook Color will go for less than $100. at that point, there will be little reason for eink beyond those who simply cannot read on an LCD screen....which is a lot smaller group than many here believe.

Don't believe me? How is the 10" Kindle Dx selling these days?

Lee
There's already people who own both -eink reader and fully fledged tablets. People like me. I'm not about to shift my reading habits from my reader to my tablet. It's not necessarily about "cannot read" on the LCD screen, it is the preference for long-term reading (several hours at a time) on the eink screen. I like to browse the web and read news stories on my tablet..... but when I'm ready to read a book, i really really prefer the eink screen.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote