View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #81
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
The thing that made me hate The Time Traveler's Wife was the sex scenes. They were worthless and contributed almost nothing to the book. For a moment it seemed like the author was going to throw something in there that would validate their inclusion, but she didn't.

When it comes to sex scenes in fiction, I prefer it to be clear cut. Implied sex is one thing, because it's usually only there to progress the story for some purpose. Explicit sex tends not to be an issue because I don't usually read the books where I find it. My biggest beef is when I find an explicit sex scene in a book that does nothing for it, ala The Time Traveler's Wife or Cory Doctorow's Makers. It just sits in there as if the publisher grabbed a generic erotic lit. piece, plugged in the names and inserted it in the book.

Annoys the heck out of me.
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote