View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I might read an author on that list sometimes. But I don't actually look at the list to know. For mainstream authors I either already know them/like them or they turn up on Man Booker or Hugo or similar.

So I'm certainly not list averse. It's just that the NY best sellers list just isn't one I tend to look at.

True story. My favourite author (China Mieville) actually came to my attention because I was shopping for a Christmas present for my mother and I liked the look of the cover for The Scar. Incidentally, I thought China Mieville was a woman at the time.

Anyway - a year or so later I was looking for a book for myself and I came across The Scar again. I rang up my mother and asked her if she enjoyed the book and her response was so emphatic I bought it without any further consideration. Never looked back.

OK - that was completely off topic, but it's a nice story.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote