View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I am waiting until mid-February until after we know what is going to be out and when mfg's start to feel more competition on prices. Though I would be happy with getting a Pocketbook 360 here and now as my everyday reader. I think of the small format readers they have the most growth potential w/o needing to buy a new device.

The only thing I actually like about my Kindle is the Whispernet. But at this point in time I have so many books I have squirreled away I never need to buy another book for the next 40yrs, or until I'm dead which ever comes first.

Since you have a reader you like already, there is no pressing reason to add another unless it's a smaller 5" pocket sized reader or a large format reader. Plus you have your iPhone and I have two pocket sized reading devices to use as pocket uber portable readers to go along with our 6" readers. And for me the Clie, is easily used in bright direct sunlight thanks to the transflective display...

I think a lot of us are in this same boat....we have existing readers but are sorta chomping at the bit for what might be the first generation of readers that have addressed many of the issues that exist currently. I also feel we will see several lines of readers die off this next year as well.

Like I said, I think waiting if you already have a perfectly good reader is the prudent move, even it if does not release as many endorphins when you write the check or swipe that card...hehehehe...I think we are all closet gadget freaks, or many not so in the closet about our "problem"...I sublimate with buying camera gear in between readers.

BTW, do not forget you can read other formats in the iPod Touch Kindle Reader app. All ya gotta do is use Calibre to format shift your non-DRM books. And liberation is often an option as well.

Last edited by brecklundin; 12-20-2009 at 11:07 PM. Reason: oops ya have an iPod Touch not an iPhone...d'oh!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote