View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #92
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac View Post
Then I should move all files into one folder to use KCC. It will be cool, if KCC can read files in subfolders (or can download from these sites like Mangle).
subfolders handling is planned for a future version, I don't want to add automatic download though, because I'd like to keep it as simple as possible (downloading will mean adding a bunch of sources, keeping them updated and a number of other issues that don't belong to a comic converter). If there's someone that want to get Mangle's download code and create a standalone manga downloader it would be nice, by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac View Post
Also I tried KF8 manga on Kindle Keyboard with latest firmware. KF8 works good, but big mobi-manga-files are invisible on Kindle (~400 Mb). Such files work fine on Kindle Touch. Can you say why?
mmm... on my K3 it shows correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figan
Are steps one and three already combined in some way that I'm missing by any chance?
not for now, unless you're using the MacOS droplet that wraps the entire process into an AppleScript.
I'm building a cross-platform GUI that will wrap all the steps in a - I hope - easier and more transparent interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figan
Also, in the KT using Cover View, all of the resulting mobi files have the 'Personal' banner. Is there a step to ensure that the KT doesn't present them like this? I've scanned the KindleGen docs and searched these forums to no avail. Any tinkering with Calibre destroys PanelView and adds margins.
the "Personal" banner is applied to documents that do not have an ASIN recognized by Amazon. Calibre can add a fictitious one, but I've yet to discover how it does. Planned for future version.
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote