View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #47
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Sure don't, sorry.

What it looks like is the sideloading system requires apps to have a signing key like App Store apps do, which means that MS now has a way to deny FOSS software whose maintainers probably don't have the money to shell out for a signing key of their own. It also allows them to deny competitors who might try to edge into one of their key markets- web browsers and office softwares.

I wonder what Teddy Roosevelt and William Taft would say about this, assuming they were brought up to speed on the technologies involved.
Hmmm...I had no problems installing Firefox or Thunderbird, two apps which are in direct competition with MS. I use both daily. Maybe those limitations are only on the RT version?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote