Thread: Skype on K3
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

I am using a GE headset. Sorry I do not have the model number as I bought it long time ago.

The ipod 4G takes a 3.5mm plug with 3 connections (stereo headphone and mic) and ground - so that is 4 segments. Most stereo headsets are 2 connections (no mic) and ground or 3 segments total - please take a look at one.

There is also a headset for cordless phones, but this is a 2.5mm plug (smaller than a stereo headset plug), and only have two connections - mono and mic. My GE headset/mic comes with the 3.5mm 4-segment plug, and has a connector that converts into a 2.5mm 3-segment plug for coordless phones.

For the ipod 4G, any 4-segment plug headset should work. If I plug in a stereo headset (3.5mm 3-segment), I can get audio but no mic.

Sorry I don't have the exact model number but I think you can try a headset if you have one or cn borrow one.

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote