Thread: Ebook or Pbook?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Nemo View Post
So what is the future of the written word? The impression I get reading through writer's forums is that “You just aint made it until you're in paper”. Writers still put a lot of emphasis on getting a publishing deal and getting your book in print. Only then do they consider that they have made it.

Is this really how we should be thinking in the 21st century. Isn't paper dead?
A good point well made. I almost never read pBooks any more (present On Writing by Stephen King excepted), but as an author I will only feel like I've really made it if I see a physical book on the local bookshop's shelves.

Hypocritical, or is it just that the vast readership is still in pBooks and therefore more desirable? And of course there is something special about holding the physical manifestation of all your hard work in your hands.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote