View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #92
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
a) It wasn't me it was LuBiB posting those pictures

b) guessing dpi doesn't seem very accurate

c) why not just calculate the dpi of the jetBook Color?

It's got a 9.7" diagonal screen. We know the screen aspect ration is 3:4 (1200:1600) so in those numbers the diagonal length is 5 (it's a 3:4:5 right angle triangle). (9.7/5) * 4 = 7.76" screen height, which at 1600 pixels gives 1600/7.76 or ~ 206 dpi.

So your guessing was pretty accurate after all.

Andrew
I would rather believe in numbers like above than in pictures
However the above calculation starts with the assumption that the resolution is 1200:1600.
I would still like to see the PDF that has color highlighting on it in a picture side by side with an A4 paper with the same image. Since I have not seen how the ereader displays such a PDF I can not entirely trust the numbers above.

In pictures M92 (which I now proudly own :-)) ) looked OK in portrait mode. Now that I have it in my hands I know that it is usable just in landscape mode for reading scientific or technical papers.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote