View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
vxf, thanks for the explanation. I understand your process now. Once you transfer your books from your device back to your computer, do you keep backups of the kLibrary folder? I had to reinstall Reader Library recently. The Mac reinstall process completely wiped out the kLibrary folder. I just went into my backup software and looked at various versions of this folder pre- and post-reinstall to confirm.

My approach is that I sync most of my book collections between Reader Library and my 950. I also have it setup to merge notes from the computer version and the ereader version. That way my notes from my ereader are copied over to the linked hard-drive files in Reader Library during the sync. I just can't figure out where the annotations for the hard-drive files are stored. They must be buried in one of the software database files is my best guess. They aren't kept in the same folder location as the linked file.
Well, I backup the whole "Reader" folder. That includes the klibrary folder.

I double checked once more and, sure enough, my "books" (the ones that are properly imported) are stored under:
/Reader/Database/klibrary
While the annotations for the same books are stored under
/Reader/Database/klibrary/markup/root

In the root folder, there is one folder for every annotated book. The annotations themselves are saved in JPEG and SVG files.

But you mentioned using a Mac. I wonder if the file management is organized differently.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote